- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black chalk on off-white laid paper
- actual: 21.9 x 19 cm (8 5/8 x 7 1/2 in.)
- Jasper Deeter, Rose Valley PA, Gift to Thomas Suma, 1930. Deeter supposedly got the works from Eakins.
Thomas Suma, Gift of Jasper Deeter, 1930, Sold to Gertrude Stein Gallery, 1945. Suma received the works from Deeter in lieu of salary. His last name may have been "Summa."
Gertrude Stein Gallery, New York NY, Purchased from Thomas Suma, 1945, Sold to David Sellin, 1972.
David Sellin, Purchased from Gertrude Stein Gallery, 1972, Exchanged with Fogg Art Museum, 1976. Exchanged for another drawing.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Marian H. Phinney Fund and through exchange
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org