- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Paint and black ink on smooth off-white wove paper
- 62.6 x 87.4 cm (24 5/8 x 34 7/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.r.: Theodor Werner
- inscription: l.r., in graphite, : Theodor Werner 52
inscription: verso, l.l., in graphite
: Theodor Werner 1952
- Theodor Werner, Berlin, Germany, sold; to Fogg Art Museum, 1955.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Alpheus Hyatt Purchasing Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Charles L. Kuhn, German Expressionism and Abstract Art, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1957), no p., cat. no. 98, b/w ill.
Lynette Roth, Inventur—Art in Germany, 1943–55, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2018), pp. 100-102, fig. 14, ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
Contemporary Art: Loans and Recent Acquisitions, Fogg Art Museum, 04/12/1955 - 05/23/1955
Unidentified Exhibition, Wesleyan University, 1959, Davison Art Center, Middletown, 07/01/1959 - 08/31/1959
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com