- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Lithograph on off-white modern laid paper
- plate: 38 x 27 cm (14 15/16 x 10 5/8 in.)
sheet: 58.3 x 40.6 cm (22 15/16 x 16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: on verso in black ink at l.l.: Gerhard Altenbourg
- inscription: l.l., black ink, German, in artist's hand: Nympha
- inscription: l.l., black ink, in artist's hand: 50
- blind stamp: l.r.
- inscription: l.r., black ink, in artist's hand: GA
- inscription: on verso in graphite at l. r.: 22
- label: removed from backing board: Gerhard Altenbourg / "nympha", 1950 / Lithografie / 58 x 40,5 cm
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Mehnert 106 Janda L27
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Gift of Dieter Brusberg through the German Art Dealers Association
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Erika Gemar Költzsch, German Marks: Postwar Drawings and Prints Donated to the Busch-Reisinger Museum through the German Art Dealers Association, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 1998), p. 164, cat. no. 122, no ill.
Annegret Janda, Gerhard Altenbourg: Monographie und Werkverzeichnis, ed. Lindenau-Museum, Wienand Verlag (Cologne, Germany, 2004), p. 358, cat. no. L27, b/w ill.
Lynette Roth, Inventur—Art in Germany, 1943–55, exh. cat., Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2018), pp. 263-265, cat. no. 31.2, ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com