- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Gelatin silver print (photogram)
- image: 17.8 x 23.7 cm (7 x 9 5/16 in.)
standard frame: 39.7 x 49.8 cm (15 5/8 x 19 5/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: verso, t.c., graphite, in artist's hand: arrow pointing to edge of print.
- inscription: verso, l.c., graphite, in artist's hand: arrow pointing to edge of print
- Herbert Molderings, Cologne, Germany, Sale, 2004.
Helmut Franke, Gift, 1946.
Sibyl Moholy-Nagy, Chicago, IL, Inheritance, 1946, Gift, 1946.
László Moholy-Nagy, Dessau, Germany, Created, 1925, Left to Sibyl Moholy-Nagy, 1946.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Heyne 2009 fgm 103
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Purchase in part through the Edmee Busch Greenough Fund for the Busch Reisinger Museum and through the generosity of Dr. Werner and Maren Otto in honor of Timotheus R. Pohl
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
László Moholy-Nagy and Dr. Herbert Molderings, László Moholy-Nagy, Nathan (Paris, France, 1998), no. 26
Peter Nisbet and Joseph Koerner, The Busch-Reisinger Museum, Harvard University Art Museums, ed. Peter Nisbet, Harvard University Art Museums and Scala Publishers Ltd. (Cambridge, MA and London, England, 2007), p. 120
Gu Zheng, "Documentary and Representative: Harvard Art Museums' Photography Collections (Part Two)", Chinese Photography (Beijing, China, 2018), 468, pp. 128-135, p. 133, ill. (color)
- Exhibition History
HAA 1 Survey Course: Survey of World Art: Modern Art, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/23/2005 - 07/31/2005
HAA 10 Survey Course (S421): The Western Tradition: Art Since the Renaissance (Fall 08 Rotation 3), Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 11/20/2008 - 02/08/2009
Re-View: S426A (Large Niche) #2: CB30 Photography and Society & HAA172w American Art and Modernity, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 10/09/2009 - 01/10/2010
32Q: 1520 Art in Germany Between the Wars (Interwar and Bauhaus), Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 04/04/2016 - 08/10/2016
- Subjects and Contexts
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org