- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Drypoint, softground etching and aquatint
- plate: 31.9 x 24.6 cm (12 9/16 x 9 11/16 in.)
sheet: 47 x 30.6 cm (18 1/2 x 12 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower center, graphite pencil, in artist's hand: P.
- The artist; to Ambrose Vollard, Paris, 1926, bequest; to his heirs, 1939, sold; to Henri M. Petiet, Paris (Lugt 2021a), 1940, bequest; to his estate, 1980, sold; to Marc Rosen, New York, sold; to Harvard Art Museums, 2006
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Breeskin 143; Mathews/Shapiro 5
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Dr. Ernest G. Stillman, Class of 1907, by exchange
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Marc Rosen, Susan Pinsky, Jay Cantor, Warren Adelson, and Barbara Stern Shapiro, Mary Cassatt: Prints and Drawings from the Artist's Studio, exh. cat., Princeton University Press (Princeton, 2000), p. 76, repr.
Stephan Wolohojian and Alvin L. Clark, Jr., Harvard Art Museum/ Handbook, ed. Stephan Wolohojian, Harvard Art Museum (Cambridge, 2008), pp. 178-9, ill.
- Exhibition History
Mary Cassatt: Prints and Drawings from the Artist's Studio, Adelson Galleries, Inc., 11/10/2000 - 12/29/2000
32Q: 2700 Impressionism, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 11/16/2014 - 04/03/2015
- Subjects and Contexts
Google Art Project
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com