- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Gelatin silver print with partially incised black ink
- Gelatin silver print
- image: 41.8 x 62 cm (16 7/16 x 24 7/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: recto, b.r.c. in black ink: VALIE EXPORT
- stamp: recto, b.r.c., black ink: VALIE // EXPORT [in oval]
- inscription: recto, b.r.c., black ink, in artist's hand: ZUORDNUNG [ORDNUNG crossed out, HOCKUNG written above] II 1972
- inscription: back board, b.r.c., black ink, in artist's hand: V.E. // 2/3
- Valie Export, Vienna, Austria, created, 1972, sale, 2004.
Charim Galerie, Vienna, Austria, representing the artist, sale, 2004.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Andra Freifrau von Fuchs and Markus Michalke
- © Valie Export / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VBK, Austria.
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
VALIE EXPORT and Elsa Longhauser, Valie Export: Ob/De+Con(Struction), exh. cat., Moore College of Art and Design (Philadelphia, PA, 2000), p. 51
Noah Chasin, "Iron Giants: The Austrian Cultural Forum gives artists from the Eastern bloc their overdue day in the sun", Time Out New York (New York, NY, January 29, 2004-February 5, 2004), p. 65
Peter Nisbet and Joseph Koerner, The Busch-Reisinger Museum, Harvard University Art Museums, ed. Peter Nisbet, Harvard University Art Museums and Scala Publishers Ltd. (Cambridge, MA and London, England, 2007), p. 45
- Exhibition History
Stratification: An Installation of Works since 1960, Busch-Reisinger Museum, 09/17/2005 - 02/26/2006
32Q: 1100 60’s Experiment, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 04/12/2018 - 10/04/2018
32Q: 1120 Contemporary Art, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 04/18/2022 - 10/17/2022
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com