- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 45.7 × 38.1 cm (18 × 15 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: Signed Sickert upper right
- label: On verso: Arthur Tooth & Sons LTD/ Old Master & Modern Paintings/ 31 Burton Street London W1 Mayfair 2920
- [Arthur Tooth & Sons Ltd, London]; the 2nd Viscount Weir, his sale [Chrisite's, March 13, 1981, lot 33]. [Sotheby's, May 23, 1984, lot 78]. [Christie's, June 8, 1990, lot 209]. The Fine Art Society, London. Private Collection. The Fine Art Society, London. Patricia Cornwell, gift; to Harvard Art Museum, 2009.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Patricia Cornwell
- © Estate of Walter Richard Sickert / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Walter Sickert: Paintings, Drawings, and Prints, exh. cat., The Fine Art Society (London, 2000), no. 10, repr.
Wendy Baron, Sickert Paintings and Drawings, Yale University Press (New Haven and London, 2006)
- Exhibition History
Walter Sickert: Paintings, Drawings, and Prints, The Fine Art Society, London, 05/08/2000 - 06/15/2000
32Q: 2700 Impressionism, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 10/13/2016 - 07/14/2017
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org