- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor and graphite on off-white wove paper
- 35.1 x 27.3 cm (13 13/16 x 10 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- gallery label: backboard, center, paper and black and red ink, printed: SPERONE WESTWATER / 142 Greene Street New York 10012 / 212/431-3685 (fax) 941-1030 / Richard TUTTLE / "Drawing for Cloth Work, #2," 1967 / watercolor and graphite on bond paper / 13 3/4 x 10 3/4 in. (34.9 x 27.3 cm.) sheet / 19 3/4 x 16 13/16 in. (50.2 x 42.7 cm.) frame / SW 99055B
- gallery label: backboard, l.c., paper and black and red ink, printed: SPERONE WESTWATER / 142 Greene Street New York 10012 / 212/431-3685 (fax) 941-1030 / Place each work 3 inches / from the next with center / height at 54 inches from / floor.
- stamp: backboard, l.c., black ink, stamped: MINAGAWA ART LINES, INC. / 210 ELEVENTH AVE / NEW YORK NY 10001
- inscription: backboard, u.c., graphite, inscribed: #2
- Richard Tuttle, consigned; to [Sperone Westwater, New York, New York], 1999, sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2003.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Margaret Fisher Fund and Purchase through the generosity of Frances and John Bowes in honor of James Cuno
- © Richard Tuttle
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Perforated on left edge. Frames are handmade, white rubbed wood, by artist.
- Publication History
Madeleine Grynsztejn, The Art of Richard Tuttle, exh. cat., San Francisco Museum of Modern Art (2005), Fig. 58
- Exhibition History
Extreme Connoisseurship, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 12/08/2001 - 04/14/2002
Some Chromes, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 10/05/2002 - 01/25/2003
Richard Tuttle Retrospective, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art, San Francisco, 07/02/2005 - 10/16/2005; Whitney Museum of American Art, New York, 11/10/2005 - 02/05/2006; Des Moines Art Center, Des Moines, 03/18/2006 - 06/11/2006; Dallas Museum of Art, Dallas, 07/15/2006 - 10/08/2006; Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, Chicago, 11/11/2006 - 02/04/2007; Museum of Contemporary Art, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, 03/18/2007 - 06/25/2007
32Q: 1100 60’s Experiment, Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 10/13/2016 - 04/07/2017
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com