- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor on paperboard
- 48.1 x 29 cm (18 15/16 x 11 7/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: l.r., black ink: JACK B / YEATS
- label: formerly back of frame, printed and typed: NEW GRAFTON GALLERY 1a Grafton Street London W1 01-499 1800 / Artist: Jack Butler Yeats Date: / Title: The champion / Medium: Gouache No: / Size: 19 x 11 1/2 / Owner:
- David Clegham-Thomson, London.
Private Collector, U.S.A..
Victor Waddington, London.
William Macbeth Gallery, New York. see Pyle 1993, nos. 69, 415
Benjamin and Lilian Hertzberg, New York, bequest to Harvard University Art Museums, 2005.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Benjamin and Lilian Hertzberg
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Hilary Pyle, Jack B. Yeats: His Watercolours, Drawings and Pastels, Irish Academic Press (Dublin, 1993), no. 69 [poss. also no. 415]
- Exhibition History
Sketches of Life in the West of Ireland, Wells Central Hall, Dublin, 08/18/1902 - 08/30/1902
Sketches of Life in the West of Ireland, Walker Art Gallery, London, London, 02/04/1903 - 03/04/1903
Recent Watercolors, Clausen Galleries, New York, 03/31/1904 - 04/16/1904
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com