- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Robert Bénard, French (Paris born 1734)
After Jacques-Raymond Lucotte, French (1733 - 1804)
Author: Denis Diderot, French (Langres, France 1713 - 1784 Paris, France)
- Minting, Cast Furnace and Tools
- Other Titles
Original Language Title: Monnoyage, Fourneau du Blanchiment et les Outils
Series/Book Title: Monnoyage, plate 14
Series/Book Title: Encyclopédie, ou dictionnaire raisonné des sciences, des arts et des métiers, Volume 8
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- sheet: 39.5 × 25.4 cm (15 9/16 × 10 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: in plate, lower left: Lucotte Del.
- inscription: in plate, lower right: Benard Fecit
- inscription: in plate, lower center: Monnoyage, Fourneau du Blanciment et les Outils.
- inscription: in plate, upper right: Pl. XIV.
- [Henry Sotheran Limited, London], sold; to Harvard Art Museums, 2017
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Richard Norton Memorial Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com