- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Opaque watercolor, gold-colored pigments, and lacquer on pasteboard
- 3 × 2.9 × 18.5 cm (1 3/16 × 1 1/8 × 7 5/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
بجهة تقدیم حضور نواب وآلا امیرزاده محمد ابراهیم میرزا سرتیپ دام اقباله العالی سمت اتمام پذیرفت رقم کمترین بنده فتحالله شیرازی
Finished for dedication to his Highness Prince Muhammad Ibrahim Mirza, the General, may his high fortune be perpetuated. Work of the humblest servant Fathallah Shirazi.
- Ezzat-Malek Soudavar, Geneva, Switzerland (by 2014), by descent; to her son Abolala Soudavar, Houston, Texas (2014), gift; to Harvard Art Museums, 2014.
Ezzat-Malek Soudavar (1913-2014) formed this collection over a period of sixty years. She purchased the works of art on the international art market.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Gift of A. Soudavar in memory of his mother Ezzat-Malek Soudavar
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Asian and Mediterranean Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Cover and sliding compartment with rounded ends. The top is decorated in horizontal format. The top and sides are similarly decorated with birds perching in flowering branches, painted in black on an off-white background. On the base a vine is painted in gold on an off-white background.
- Publication History
Massumeh Farhad and Mary McWilliams, ed., A Collector’s Passion: Ezzat-Malek Soudavar and Persian Lacquer, Harvard Art Museums and Freer/Sackler Galleries, Smithsonian Institution (Cambridge, MA/Washington, D.C., 2017), pp. 46-47, fig. 16; p. 149, cat. 151
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art at email@example.com