- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Collaged paper and textile elements adhered to corrugated cardboard
- 24.1 x 20.3 cm (9 1/2 x 8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: On verso, in graphite: Cleaning up // Mehrgut
- inscription: On verso, in red crayon: C 37
- inscription: On recto, inscribed on Ministry of Food label: L. MEHRGUT // DWCB/94/6 // 44 // (illegible writing) Barret // F.O.
- inscription: On recto, center right edge, in graphite: K
- G. David Thompson, Pittsburgh, PA, gift; to Mr. and Mrs. Charles L. Kuhn (1959-1990), by bequest; to Sally Jane Kuhn (1990-2013), gift; to the Busch-Reisinger Museum, Harvard Art Museums, 2013.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Orchard and Schulz 3352
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Busch-Reisinger Museum, Gift of Sally Jane Kuhn in memory of Charles L. Kuhn and Hetty Shuman Kuhn
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Works from Private Collections, exh. cat., Boston University Art Galleries (Boston, MA, 1960), n.p., cat. 80, ill. (b/w)
Karin Orchard and Isabel Schulz, Kurt Schwitters, catalogue raisonné, Hatje Cantz (Ostfildern-Ruit, Germany, 2000), p. 561, fig. 3352, ill.
- Exhibition History
Works from Private Collections, Boston University Art Galleries, Boston, 04/23/1960 - 05/14/1960
32Q: 1520 Art in Germany Between the Wars (Interwar and Bauhaus), Harvard Art Museums, Cambridge, 11/16/2014 - 05/06/2015
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org