- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Tiberius, Roman (r. 14-37 CE)
- Aureus of Tiberius, Lugdunum
- Work Type
- 14 - 37 CE
- Creation Place: Ancient & Byzantine World, Europe, Lugdunum (Gaul)
- Roman Imperial period
- Persistent Link
Level 3, Room 3700, Ancient Mediterranean and Middle Eastern Art, Roman Art
View this object's location on our interactive map
- Physical Descriptions
- 7.73 g
- Die Axis
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Obverse Inscription: TI CAESAR DIVI AVG F AVGVSTVS
- Reverse Inscription: PONT MAXIM
- Archer M. Huntington, New York* (late 1800's - 1949), transfer; to The Hispanic Society of America (inv. no. 30060), New York, (1949-2012), sold; [through Sotheby's New York, sealed bid, March 8, 2012]; [to Numismatica Ars Classica, AG, Zurich-London, sold Auction 67, 17 October 2012, lot 113]; to the Harvard Art Museums.
Archer M. Huntington (1870-1955)
The collection was on deposit at the American Numismatic Society from 1946.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- RIC I 2, 29
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, J.P. Engelcke Coin Purchase Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Asian and Mediterranean Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Obv.: Laureate bust of Tiberius to r. Border of dots.
Rev.: Female figure seated on chair to r., holding a long vertical scepter in r. and a branch in l. (Livia as Pax). Border of dots.
- Exhibition History
32Q: 3700 Roman, Harvard Art Museums, 11/16/2014 - 01/01/2050
- Subjects and Contexts
Google Art Project
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art at firstname.lastname@example.org