- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Johann Sadeler I, Netherlandish (1550 - 1600-8)
Raphael Sadeler, the Elder, Flemish (1561 - 1628/32)
After Johann von Achen, German (1552 - 1615)
- Other Titles
- Series/Book Title: European Countries
- Work Type
- 16th century
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Engraving on cream antique laid paper
- plate: 22.2 x 26 cm (8 3/4 x 10 1/4 in.)
sheet: 29 x 36.8 cm (11 7/16 x 14 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: engraved in plate, lower right: Cū priu: S. Caes: M: Ioān: Sadeler fe. J. ab Ach fig.
- inscription: margin, upper left corner, graphite: 161
- Robert Bradford Wheaton and Barbara Ketcham Wheaton, Concord, MA, later Barbara Ketcham Wheaton, gift; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2011.
Robert Bradford Wheaton passed away in 2010.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- Hollstein 498 (Johannes Sadeler I)
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Barbara Ketcham Wheaton
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com