- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Adriaen Collaert, Flemish (c. 1560 - 1618)
After Maerten de Vos, Netherlandish (Antwerp, Belgium 1532 - 1603 Antwerp, Belgium)
Published by Philips Galle, Netherlandish (Haarlem 1537 - 1612 Antwerp)
- The Task of the Church
- Other Titles
- Series/Book Title: The Divine Charge to the Three Estates
- Work Type
- c. 1585
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Engraving on cream antique laid paper
- sheet: 22.9 x 30.6 cm (9 x 12 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: engraved in print, lower right corner: Martin. de Vos inuen. Adrian Collaert scalp. Philip. Galle excu.
- collector's mark: verso, lower right, purple ink stamp: ABV [Albert Van Loock, Lugt 3751]
- [Albert Van Loock, Brussels, Belgium (Lugt 3751)]. Robert Bradford Wheaton and Barbara Ketcham Wheaton, Concord, MA, later Barbara Ketcham Wheaton, gift; to Harvard University Art Museums, 2011.
Robert Bradford Wheaton passed away in 2010.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- New Hollstein 1070
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Barbara Ketcham Wheaton
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org