- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Hanging scroll; ink on paper; with seal of the artist reading "Yi Fu"
- painting proper: 118.1 x 59.9 cm (46 1/2 x 23 9/16 in.)
scroll mounting with suspension cord and roller ends: 197 x 82.6 cm (77 9/16 x 32 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- seal: artist's seal, lower left corner: square, red, relief seal reading "Yi Fu"
- Xia Yifu (artist), Taiwan, Republic of China; through M. Sutherland Fine Arts, Ltd., New York; to Harvard Art Museum
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Gift of Langdon Warner and H. H. F. Jayne, by exchange
- © Xia Yifu (Hsia I-fu)
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Asian and Mediterranean Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Painted in ink on paper, this hanging scroll represents a landscape. The main mountain masses appear in the background, viewed over a large foreground land mass. The painting includes one seal of the artist (in the lower left corner) but lack's a signature
- Publication History
Chiung Jui Hsiao, Biography of Hsia I-Fu, National Taiwan Museum of Fine Arts (Taipei, 2015), p. 114
Chiung Jui Hsiao, Biography of Hsia I-Fu (2015)
- Exhibition History
Re-View: S228-230 (Asian rotation: 5) Brush and Ink Reconsidered: Contemporary Chinese Landscapes, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 11/23/2010 - 05/14/2011
This record was created from historic documentation and may not have been reviewed by a curator; it may be inaccurate or incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Asian and Mediterranean Art at email@example.com