- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Iorwerth Grey Lloyd, British (1845-1903)
- Untitled (photograph of a drawing labeled "Jove hurling Vulcan out of heaven." (Quod 'Dons' hominesque volunt); verso: two views of Oxford, St. Cross Church and churchyard, Holywell; Magdalen Bridge)
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with albumen silver print; verso: two albumen silver prints.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.7 x 22.4 cm (11 5/16 x 8 13/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: recto and verso; ink
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, New York. on Long Term Loan at the Fogg Art Museum from 1977 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Photograph information:
Photograph of a drawing labeled "Jove hurling Vulcan out of heaven. (Quod 'Dons' hominesque volunt).
Inscribed: "No. 5. Revd. J P. Lightfoot D.D. (then Vice Chancellor) expelling the G.W.R. mechanic from Oxford — where it was proposed to erect their carriage works."
St. Cross Church and churchyard, Holywell
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com