- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (two photomechanical reproductions of the late Marchioness of Ailesbury; verso: Dowager Lady Filmer; Sir Robert Filmer Bt.)
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with two photomechanical reproductions; verso: two albumen silver prints.
- Photomechanical print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Graphite inscriptions on verso, sitter's names; names of sitters in photograph on facing page.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Maria, the Marchioness of Ailesbury. Maria Elizabeth (d. 7 May 1893), daughter of the Honorable Charles Tollemache. Married 20 August 1833 as his second wife, Charles Brudenell-Bruce (14 February 1773-4 January 1856), 1st Marquess of Ailesbury KT.
Dowager Lady Filmer. Helen Monro, married Sir Edmund Filmer (1809-1859), 8th Baronet
Sir Robert Filmer (1903-1944) as a baby.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com