- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (5 photographs, trimmed to oval, clockwise from left, Countess of Bective; Lady Otis Fitzgerald; Lady Constance Howard; Mrs. Marshall; center, H.R.H. the Prince of Wales; verso: Princess Alexandra; 9 photographs of unidentified children)
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with five albumen silver prints trimmed to oval; verso: ten albumen silver prints, center Princess Alexandra with two unidentified children.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Recto; sitter's names are inscribed in ink beneath photograph. Verso; inscribed H.R.H. Princess of Wales (Queen Alexandra), the photograph is detached from page.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Countess of Bective. Lady Alice Sandys Hill (d. 15 February 1928). Only daugher of the 4th Marquess of Downshire KP. Married Thomas (11 February 1844-15 December 1893), Earl of Bective on 9 October 1867. MP for Westmoreland, the Earl predeceased his father the 3rd Marquess of Headfort.
Lady Otis Fitzgerald
Lady Constance Howard (d. 15 April 1910). Eldest daughter of the Earl of Winchilsea. She married the Honorable Frederick Howard (d. 26 October 1893), 3nd son of the 2nd Earl of Effingham on 3 June 1871.
H.R.H. the Prince of Wales. Albert Edward (1841-1910)
Alexandra, Princess of Wales (1844-1925) with two unidentified children on pony.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org