- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (seven photographs, clockwise from top left, Duchess of Montrose?; Mrs. Poole; Countess of Stradbroke; Sir Samuel Hayes; Richard (?); Lord Henry Paget; center, unidentified woman on horseback, unidentified man in uniform at horse's head; verso: photograph is missing)
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with seven albumen silver prints; verso: photograph is missing.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Recto: Sitters names inscribed in ink beneath photograph.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Duchess of Montrose(?). Violet Hermione Graham (d. 21 November 1940) was the daughter of Sir Frederick Ulric Graham, 3rd Bt. and Lady Jane Hermione St. Maur Seymour. She married Douglas Beresford Malise Ronald Graham, 5th Duke of Montrose, son of James Graham, 4th Duke of Montrose and Hon. Caroline Agnes Beresford, on 24 July 1876.
Countess of Stradbroke. Augusta (d. 11 October 1901) widow of Colonel H. F. Bonham second daughter of Reverend Sir Christopher Musgrave 9th Bt. She was the great grand daughter of the Reverend Sir Edmund Filmer.
Sir Samuel Hayes
Lord Henry Paget (25 December 1835-13 October 1898). Second son of the 2nd Marquess of Anglesey. Married first on 24 August 1858 to Elizabeth (d. 4 November 1873) daugher of Joseph Norman; second marriage on 2 February 1874 to Blanche (d. 14 August 1877) daughter of J. C. Curwen Boyd; third marriage on 26 June 1880 to Mary Livingstone (d. May 1931) widow of the Honorable Henry Wodehouse and daughter of J.P. King of Sandhills, Georgia. Lord Henry succeeded his half-brother as 4th Marquess of Anglesey, 30 January 1880.
Photograph is missing.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org