- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (clockwise from top left, Capt. Hardy; Lady Buckhurst; Lord Albert Leverson Gower; Hon. Violet Sandys; Col. Marshall; Miss Chetwynd; center, Miss Van der Wise; verso: Earl of Yarmouth; Countess of Yarmouth; Col. Gordon; ctr. William Hood)
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with seven albumen silver prints, four trimmed to oval; verso: five albumen silver prints.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitters names are inscribed in ink beneath the photographs.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Lady Buckhurst. Lady Elizabeth Sackville (1795-1870), daughter of the 3rd Duke of Dorset was created Baroness Buckhurst on 27 April 1864 for life with limitation succesively to her second surviving son. She married George (d. 23 February 1869), 5th Earl De La Warr on 21 June 1813.
Lord Albert Leverson Gower (21 November 1843-23 February 1869). Third son of the 2nd Duke of Sutherland. Captain Second Life Guards. Married 19 March 1872 to Grace Emma Townshend (d. December 1923) only daughter of Sir Thomas Abdy, First Baronet.
Hon. Violet Sandys
Miss Van der Wise
Earl of Yarmouth. Hugh de Grey Seymour (22 October 1843-23 March 1912), Earl of Yarmouth who succeeded as 6th Marquess of Hertford 25 January 1884.
Countess of Yarmouth. Honorable Mary Hood (d. 6 April 1909) daughter of the 1st Earl of Bridport. Married 16 April 1868 to Hugh de Grey Seymour (d. 23 March 1912), Earl of Yarmouth who succeeded as 6th Marquess of Hertford 25 January 1884.
Honorable William Hood, R.N. William Hood, born 6 January 1848, died 25 October 1921. Third son of the 1st Viscount Bridport.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org