- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (eleven photographs top row, left to right, Mrs. Poole; Lady Emily Dyke(?); Miss Creighton(?); Miss (?); center row left to right, Viscount Holmesdale; Lord A. Gower; Col. Hawkes(?); Mr. Dyke (photo missing); Mrs. Buckeley; Viscount MacDuff; C. Porter(?), Esq.; Countess of Bective; verso: two views of the river between Maidenhead and Cliveden, dated 1871)
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with eleven albumen silver prints (one missing); verso: two albumen silver prints.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Inscriptions on recto and verso are made in ink, sitter's name for the top two rows of photographs on the recto are inscribed on the verso of P1982.359.82.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Lady Emily Dyke(?)
Lord A. Gower
Mr. Dyke (photo missing)
Mrs. Buckeley. Sarah (d. 1883) elder daughter of W. Rees. Married 1860 to Edmund Buckeley (1834-1910), MP for Newcastle-under-Lyme 1865-1878. He was created Sir Edmund Buckeley 1st Baronet in 1868.
Viscount MacDuff. Alexander William George Carnegie (10 November 1849-29 December 1912) Viscount Macduff. Eldest son of the 5th Earl of Fife. Married 27 July 1889 to H.R.H Princess Louise Victoria Alexandra Dagmar (d. 4 January 1931) Princess Royal of Great Britain, VA., CI, eldest daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra. Viscount Macduff succeeded as the 6th Earl of Fife on 7 August 1879. The Earl was created a Duke by King Edward VII.
C. Porter(?), Esq.
Countess of Bective. Lady Alice Sandys Hill (d. 15 February 1928). Only daugher of the 4th Marquess of Downshire KP. Married Thomas (11 February 1844-15 December 1893), Earl of Bective on 9 October 1867. MP for Westmoreland, the Earl predeceased his father the 3rd Marquess of Headfort.
Two views of the river between Maidenhead and Cliveden
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org