- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
W. & D. Downey, British (active 1860s-1914)
André Adolphe Eugène Disdéri, French (Paris, France 1819 - 1889 Paris, France)
Mondel & Jacob, German (active mid- to late-19th century)
- Untitled (six photographs, center trimmed to oval, clockwise from upper left, Johan Prince of Glucksburg; Alexandra, Princess of Wales; Albert Edward, Prince of Wales; three unidentified children; verso: nine photographs, clockwise from upper left, Colonel White; Edward Hussey, Esq.; Sir Hope Palmer; Hon. Flora Hood; Lady Cotterell; Lady Constance Howard; Mrs. Dalrymple; Lady Susan Vane Tempest; center, Lady Edwin Hill Sandys)
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with six albumen silver prints; verso: nine albumen silver prints.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitter's names are inscribed in ink and graphite.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Johann Prince of Glucksburg, 1863. HRH Prince Johann (Hans) (5 December 1825-27 May 1911). Sixth son of Friedrich Wilhelm, Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg. The fourth son of Duke Friedrich became Christian IX of Denmark. Prince Johann was an uncle of Alexandra, Princess of Wales. [W.D. Downey photograph]
Alexandra, Princess of Wales (1844-1925). The signature on the photograph may be the Princess's autograph. [Disderi photograph].
Albert Edward, Prince of Wales (1841-1910). The signature on the photograph may be the Prince's autograph. [Mondel & Jacob photograph]
Three unidentified children
Colonel Adolphus White
Edward Hussey, Esq.
Sir Hope Palmer
Honorable Flora Hood
Lady Cotterell. Honorable Margaret (d. 22 May 1896) daughter of Genral Airey, 1st Baron Airey. She married on 14 September 1865, Sir Geers Henry Cotterell 3rd Baronet. He died 17 March 1900.
Lady Constance Howard (d. 15 April 1910). Eldest daughter of the Earl of Winchilsea. She married the Honorable Frederick Howard (d. 26 October 1893), second son of the 2nd Earl of Effingham on 3 June 1871.
Lady Susan Vane Tempest (d. 11 June 1874). Only daughter of the 5th Duke of Newcastle. Married 23 April 1869 to Lord Adolphus Vane-Tempest (d. 6 September 1875) third son of the 3rd Marquess of Londonderry.
Lady Edwin Hill Sandys
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com