- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
Notman, Canadian (active 1860-1899)
- Untitled (four photographs, Colonel Bathurst; Sir E. Filmer; Mr. (?) Biddulph; Captain Lane Fox; center photograph of Captain Stewart is missing)
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with four carte de visite albumen silver prints (the fifth, center photograph is missing). The photograph of Captain Lane Fox is imprinted with "Notman" a photographic business with studios in Canada and the U.S.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitter's names are inscribed in ink beneath photographs.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Colonel Bathurst. Sir Frederick Bathurst (b. 13 March 1833), Lt. Colonel in the Grenadier Guards. MP for South Wiltshire 1861-1865. Married 24 April 1869, to Ada (d. 27 February 1914) only surviving daughter of Sir John Ribton.
Sir Edmund Filmer (1835-1886)
Mr. (?) Biddulph
Captain Lane Fox. The Bingham title is now extinct and the Lane Fox line has died out directly.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com