- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (nine photographs, clockwise from upper left, Earl of Tyrone; Sir ? and Lady Mackenzie; Captain Coventry; Countess of Scarbrough; Earl of Listowel; Miss Vivian an Lady A. Duff (with two unidentified men); Mr. Oswald; Lady Abercromby; center, photograph of drawing of unidentified sitter)
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with nine albumen silver prints. Center photograph is framed in pink painted border, fleur de lys and red dot decoration between center photographs top and bottom and photos to right and left.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter's information:
Earl of Tyrone (1844-1895)
Sir ? and Lady Mackenzie
Captain Coventry. Possibly a member of the family of the Earls of Coventry whose family name is Coventry.
Countess of Scarbrough
Earl of Listowel. William Hare (born 29 May 1833-1924), 3rd Earl of Listowel KP, Vice Admiral of the Province of Munster. Succeeded 4 February 1856. Married Lady Ernestine Brudenell-Bruce (d. 27 December 1936) daughter of the 3rd Marquess of Ailesbury on 31 August 1865.
Lady Duff. Lady Alexina Duff, third daugher of the 5th Earl of Fife. Married the Honorable Henry Coventry, son of the Honorable Henry Coventry on 2 July 1870.
Mr. Oswald of Cuchencruive(?)
Lady Abercromby. Lady Julia Duncan (d. 1915) daugher of the 2nd Earl of Camperdown. Married 4th Baron Abercromby who was born on 22 September 1838 and died 30 October 1917.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com