- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (seven photographs, clockwise from upper left, Lady Marion Loftus; Captain Anstruther; Hon. Mrs. Vivian; Earl of Tyrone; Hon. Harry Bourke; Hon. Walter Harbold; center, Alice Hale(?))
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with seven carte de visite albumen silver prints with hand coloring, page decorated with silver paint banners with names inscribed on banner, center silver paint ribbon on center photograph, sitter's name inscribed on silver trianles to either side of center image.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitter's names are inscribed to the side of or on the photographs.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Lady Marion Loftus
Honorable Mrs. Vivian
Earl of Tyrone. John Henry De La Poer (Beresford). Born 21 May 1844, died, by his own hand, 23 October 1895. Styled Earl of Tyrone 1859-1866. KP. MP for Waterford 1865-1866. Succeeded as 5th Marquess of Waterford 6 November 1866. Lord Lieutenant of Waterford 1874-1895. First married to Florence Grosvenor (d. 4 April 1873) divorced wife of John Branch Vivian, only daughter of George Rowley; second marriage to Blanche Elizabeth Adelaide (23 March 1856-22 February 1897) only daughter of the 8th Duke of Badminton.
Honorable Harry Bourke. Henry Lorton Bourke DL (26 September 1840-30 January 1911). Seventh son of the 5th Earl of Mayo. Married Constance (d. 2 July 1925) daughter of Gustavas W. Lambart of Beau Parc, County Meather. Died without issue.
Honorable Walter Harbold
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org