- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (five photographs, clockwise from upper left, Honorable Edward Bourke; Lt. Col. F?; Colonel Frater of C?; Pakenham Alderson Esq.; center, unidentified man with beard)
- Work Type
- album page, photograph
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with five albumen silver prints, four photographs are arranged as spokes around the fifth center photograph, all are set within a blue and gilt paint knotted rope design.
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitter's names are inscribed next to photographs.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Honorable Edward Bourke. Edward Roden Bourke (23 Decemeber 1835-7 June 1907). Sixth son of the 5th Earl of Mayo. Major 3rd Hussars, Military Secretary to the Governor General of India 1869-1872. Married Emma Mary Augusta (d. 9 March 1935) eldest daughter of Lt. Colonel Cliffe Hatch CSI, 20 November 1872.
Lt. Col. F?
Colonel Frater of C?
Unidentified man with beard
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org