- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Mary Georgiana Caroline Cecil Filmer, British (1838-1903)
- Untitled (Pitfour - October 1863, four photographs, clockwise from top; group photograph, Lady Holmesdale, Miss Stapleton, Mrs. Pit Junior, Lady Filmer, Miss Hood; A. W. Hood; Julia Holmesdale; E. Eliot Adr.)
- Work Type
- photograph, album page
- Creation Place: Europe, United Kingdom
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Album page with four albumen silver prints
- Albumen silver print
- 28.9 x 23.2 cm (11 3/8 x 9 1/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Sitter's names are inscribed beneath photographs.
- Seiden & de Cuevas, Inc., New York, NY, purchased from Christie's, 1978, Gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1982. On Long Term Loan to the Fogg Art Museum from 1978 to 1982
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase through the generosity of Melvin R. Seiden
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sitter information:
Julia Holmesdale. Viscountess Holmesdale, born Lady Julia Mann (2 July 1844-1 September 1883) name changed to Cornwallis 22 October 1844. Only surviving child of the 5th and last Earl Cornwallis. Married 27 August 1862 to William Archer Amherst, Viscount Holmesdale (1836-1910). The Viscountess is buried at Linton.
Mrs. Pit, Junior
Lady Filmer. Lady Mary Filmer (1838-1903)
A.W. Hood. Major General Alexander Nelson Hood (23 December 1814-4 June 1904), Duke of Bronte, GCB, DL, a general in the Army. Colonel Scots Guards. Succeeded his father as 3rd Baron Bridport, 6 January 1868, raised to viscounty, 6 July 1868. Married 2 August 1838 to lady Mary Hill (d. 15 July 1884), second daughter of the 3rd Marquess of Downshire. Groom in Waiting to Queen Victoria 1841-58, Equerry 1858-84, Extra Equerry 1884-1901, Lord in Waiting 1884-1901. Clerk Marshall to the Prince Consort 1853-1861. Equerry to King Edward VII 1901-1904.
Admiral Elliott, Sir George Elliott KCB (1812-13 December 1901). A grandson of the 1st Earl of Minto. Married 1 August 1842 to Hersey Wauchope (d. 11 December 1901). Naval ADC 1856-58, Naval C in Portsmouth 1875-1878. MP Chatham 1874-1875.
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org