- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 123.2 x 99.1 cm (48 1/2 x 39 in.)
framed: 132.7 x 109.9 x 3.8 cm (52 1/4 x 43 1/4 x 1 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: u.l.: Frederic P. Vinton, 1911
- Commissioned by Mrs. Charles B. Porter, widow of the subject, 1910.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Gift of Mrs. Charles B. Porter to Harvard Medical School, 1911
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Laura M. Huntsinger, Harvard Portraits: A Catalogue of Portrait Paintings at Harvard University, ed. Alan Burroughs, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1936), p. 112
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., Virginia Anderson, and Kimberly Orcutt, ed., American Paintings at Harvard, Volume Two, Paintings, Drawings, Pastels and Stained Glass by Artists Born 1826-1856, Harvard Art Museums and Yale University Press (U.S.) (Cambridge, MA and New Haven, CT, 2008), p. 385, cat. 417, ill.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org