- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Graphite on off-white wove paper
- actual: 22.6 x 28.6 cm (8 7/8 x 11 1/4 in.)
- To the artist's sisters, Violet (Mrs. Francis) Ormond and Emily Sargent, at his death, 1925; gift of Mrs. Ormond to the Fogg Art Museum, 1937.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Francis Ormond
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Nancy Lloyd, "Reconstruction of Sargent's Scale Model for the Crucifix", Harvard University Art Museums Bulletin (Cambridge, MA, Fall 1999 - Winter 2000), vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 58-66, repr. fig. 3, p. 59
John Thomas, Redemption Achieved: John Singer Sargent's "Crucifixion of Christ with Adam & Eve" and Its Place in His Work, Twin Books (Wolverhampton, 2017), pp. 13, 46, repr. p. 14 as illus. 2
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org