- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- C-print (magenta color separation) mounted on foam-core with ball-point ink notations, black ink grid, and acrylic airbrush marks
- Chromogenic print
- actual: 51 x 40.3 cm (20 1/16 x 15 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: Inscribed on mount: Magenta. Verso of mount, blue paint(?) and graphite: drawing of Mickey Mouse, with inscription: Walt Disney
- Chuck Close. Private Collector; to [G. W. Einstein Company, Inc., New York, New York], sold; to Harvard University Art Museums, 1994.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Margaret Fisher Fund
- © Chuck Close
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Chuck Close: Recent Work, auct. cat. (New York, NY, 1979), n.p. (see section on "Mark"), repr.
Lisa Lyons and Martin Friedman, Close Portraits, exh. cat., Walker Art Center (Minneapolis, MN, 1980), pp. 70-71, repr.
Christopher Finch, Chuck Close: Work, Prestel (Munich and New York, 2007), p. 86, ill. (studio view)
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com