- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Alexander Calder, American (Philadelphia, PA 1898 - 1976 New York, NY)
- Bees at an Execution, for "A Bestiary"
- Other Titles
Alternate Title: Flies at an Execution
Series/Book Title: A Bestiary
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Black ink on off-white wove paper
- 36.8 x 29.3 cm (14 1/2 x 11 9/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- blind stamp: l.l.c.: Strathmore / Artist
- Alexander Calder, Created, By descent through family to Nanette Sexton.
Richard B. Bailey and Nanette C. Sexton, Boston MA, By descent through family, Gift to Harvard University Art Museums, 1991. Ms. Sexton is great-niece of the artist.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Richard B. Bailey and Nanette C. Sexton in memory of Professor Frederick Deknatel
- © Calder Foundation, New York / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Richard Wilbur, ed., A Bestiary, Fourth Estate (London, England, 1993), cf. p. 42 - 43
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com