- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Charcoal on cream laid paper
- image: 28.4 x 20.4 cm (11 3/16 x 8 1/16 in.)
actual: 29.2 x 21.3 cm (11 1/2 x 8 3/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: scratched in, l.r.: WMH [in monogram]
- inscription: verso, l.l., graphite: 1115 13 1/2 x 6 1/2 [ ]
- label: removed from backing, now in curatorial file, paper, printed and handwritten: No. 1115
- inscription: verso, l.r., graphite: H24
- Descended through Hunt family; Hope Davis Fine Art, New York NY; sold to Harvard University Art Museums, 1991.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Andrew Wyeth Fund for the Purchase of American Drawings
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
The Return of William Morris Hunt, auct. cat. (Boston, 1986), p. 15, no. H-24, repr.
- Exhibition History
The Return of William Morris Hunt, Vose Galleries of Boston, Inc., Boston, 09/30/1986 - 11/26/1986
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com