- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black ink, red and yellow chalk on cream wove paper
- actual: 35.1 x 43 cm (13 13/16 x 16 15/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- blind stamp: l.r.: ML [in oval]
- Morris Louis, bequest; to Marcella Louis Brenner, 1962, gift; to the Harvard University Art Museums, 1988.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Marcella Louis Brenner in honor of John Coolidge
- © Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Diane Upright Headley, The Drawings of Morris Louis, Smithsonian Institution Press (Washington, D.C, 1979), pp. 59, 116, repr.
Nehama Guralnik, ed., Morris Louis, exh. cat., Israel Museum (Jerusalem, Israel, 1980), no. 37, p. 16
- Exhibition History
The Drawings of Morris Louis, National Collection of Fine Arts, Washington, 12/06/1979 - 02/03/1980; Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 02/22/1980 - 04/06/1980
Morris Louis, Israel Museum, Jerusalem, 11/25/1980 - 01/25/1981; Tel Aviv Museum of Art, Tel Aviv, 02/03/1981 - 04/05/1981
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com