- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor over graphite on white wove paper
- actual: 35.6 x 50.9 cm (14 x 20 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: graphite, l.r.: To Harriet R. Jenness/Edward Hopper
- inscription: graphite, lower right: To Harriet R. Jenness / Edward Hopper.
- Edward Hopper, gift; to Harriet R. Jenness, 1934, by descent; to Virginia Jenness, Cambridge Massachusetts, bequest; to Harvard University Art Museums, 1982.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Bequest of Virginia Jenness
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Gail Levin, Edward Hopper: A Catalogue Raisonné, Whitney Museum of American Art (New York, NY and London, England, 1995), vol. II, p. 266, no. W-297, reproduced in color
Virginia M. Mecklenburg, Edward Hopper: The Watercolors, exh. cat., National Museum of American Art and W. W. Norton & Company (Washington, D.C and New York, NY, 1999), fig. 128 (color), p. 127 ( as "Jenness House IV")
Gail Levin, The Complete Watercolors of Edward Hopper, Whitney Museum of American Art (New York, 2001), W-297, repr.
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., American Watercolors and Pastels 1875-1950 at the Fogg Art Museum, brochure, Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2006), checklist
- Exhibition History
American Watercolors and Pastels, 1875-1950, at the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/08/2006 - 06/25/2006
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com