- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Acrylic paint on cream wove paper
- actual: 60.7 x 47.6 cm (23 7/8 x 18 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: graphite, l.l.: RD 74
- gallery label: removed from backing, now in curatorial file, paper, printed and handwritten
- [Lee Gallery, Belmont, Massachusetts], sold; to the Fogg Art Museum, 1978.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Purchase with funds from the National Endowment for the Arts and the Deknatel Purchase Fund
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Kristin A. Mortimer and William G. Klingelhofer, Harvard University Art Museums: A Guide to the Collections, Harvard University Art Museums and Abbeville Press (Cambridge and New York, 1986), no. 310, p. 266, repr.
Christopher Finch, Twentieth-Century Watercolors, Abbeville Press (New York, NY, 1988), p. 261 and pl. 321
James Cuno and Lisa Andersen, Minimalism and Post-Minimalism: Drawing Distinctions, exh. cat., Hood Museum of Art (Hanover, NH, 1990), cat. no. 3, pp. 22-23, repr.
- Exhibition History
Minimalism and Post-Minimalism: Drawing Distinctions, Hood Museum of Art, Hanover, 10/27/1990 - 12/16/1990
Modern Art for Harvard: Prints and Drawings Acquired through the Generosity of Frederick B. and Virginia H. Deknatel, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 05/31/1995 - 08/06/1995
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org