- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Samuel Pendleton Cowardin III, American (Richmond, VA born 1921)
After Filippo Lippi, Italian (Florence, Italy c. 1406 - 1469 Spoleto, Italy)
- Detail of Annunciation, after Fra Filippo Lippi
- Work Type
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor over graphite on off-white wove paper, mounted to off-white card
- 11.8 x 12.1 cm (4 5/8 x 4 3/4 in.)
mount: 21.7 x 28 cm (8 9/16 x 11 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- label: lower edge of mount, paper, typed: Fra Filippo Lippi. Annunciation (detail). Florence, San Lorenzo / (Watercolor study made in Florence, July 1957. / Tone of floor and cast shadows is not exact.)
- label: upper edge of mount, paper, typed: PLATE XLIII
- Samuel P. Cowardin III, gift; to the University Archives, transfer; to Fogg Art Museum, 1963.
NOTE: The drawings were sent to the Fogg from the University Archives formerly housed in Widener Library.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Samuel P. Cowardin, III
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com