- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Gray wash, black ink, charcoal (applied wet), and red pencil on thin off-white wove paper; verso: black crayon and red pencil
- actual: 96.6 x 55.9 cm (38 1/16 x 22 in.)
- Mrs. Edward L. Holsten, New York New York, gift; to the Fogg Art Museum, 1960.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Edward L. Holsten, in memory of her husband, Edward Lawrence Holsten, class of 1922
- © Peter Blume Estate / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Sheet is hinged to mat at right edge instead of top
- Publication History
Peter Blume in Retrospect, exh. cat., Currier Museum of Art (Manchester, NH, 1964), no. 58, p. 24
Peter Blume in Retrospect: Paintings and Drawings 1926-1964, exh. cat., Kennedy Galleries, Inc. (New York, NY, 1964), no. 14, ill.
Frank Anderson Trapp, Peter Blume, Rizzoli (New York, NY, 1987)
Robert Cozzolino, ed., Peter Blume: Nature and Metamorphosis, exh. cat., Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (Philadelphia, 2014), p. 252, fig. 113, ill.
- Exhibition History
Peter Blume in Retrospect, Currier Museum of Art, Manchester, 04/16/1964 - 05/31/1964; Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, 07/09/1964 - 08/16/1964
Peter Blume, Kennedy Galleries, Inc., New York, 02/20/1968 - 03/09/1968
Peter Blume, Museum of Contemporary Art, Chicago, Chicago, 01/10/1976 - 02/29/1976
Re-View: S425A (Small Niche) Peter Blume, Harvard Art Museums/Arthur M. Sackler Museum, Cambridge, 06/04/2010 - 09/04/2010
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org