- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black ink and gray wash on cream laid paper
- actual: 21.6 x 28.1 cm (8 1/2 x 11 1/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: black ink, l.l.: P. BLUME 1955
- Mrs. Edward L. Holsten, New York New York, gift; to the Fogg Art Museum, 1960.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Mrs. Edward L. Holsten, in memory of her husband, Edward Lawrence Holsten, class of 1922
- © Peter Blume Estate / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Pinholes at upper corners.
- Publication History
Peter Blume in Retrospect, exh. cat., Currier Museum of Art (Manchester, NH, 1964), no. 54, p. 24
Frank Anderson Trapp, Peter Blume, Rizzoli (New York, NY, 1987), repr. p. 95
Robert Cozzolino, ed., Peter Blume: Nature and Metamorphosis, exh. cat., Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts (Philadelphia, 2014), p. 257, fig. 121, ill.
- Exhibition History
Peter Blume in Retrospect, Currier Museum of Art, Manchester, 04/16/1964 - 05/31/1964; Wadsworth Atheneum Museum of Art, Hartford, 07/09/1964 - 08/16/1964
- Related Works
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at email@example.com