- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Brown wash over graphite on heavy cream wove paper
- 15.1 x 25.4 cm (5 15/16 x 10 in.)
Border drawn around image: 13.9 x 23.6 cm (5 1/2 x 9 5/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- stamp: verso, black ink, stamped: 238
- inscription: stamp, verso: 238
- The artist's daughter Anna Richards (Mrs. William T.) Brewster; her bequest to the National Academy of Design, 1952; gift to Fogg Art Museum, 1954.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Presented by the National Academy of Design from the Mrs. William T. Brewster Bequest
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Kenyon Castle Bolton, III, Peter G. Huenink, Earl A. Powell III, Harry Z. Rand, and Nanette C. Sexton, American Art at Harvard, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1972), cat. 87, ill.
- Exhibition History
American Art at Harvard, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/19/1972 - 06/18/1972
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org