- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor over graphite and black crayon on off-white wove paper
- 25.5 x 35.3 cm (10 1/16 x 13 7/8 in.)
mount: 28.4 x 42 cm (11 3/16 x 16 9/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: black crayon, l.l.: CH Aug 6th 1904
- inscription: l.r., black crayon, in artist's hand: Adams and St. Helens / Early morning
- inscription: back of mount, black chalk: [encircled:] 83 [Note that this inscription was no longer evident by 8/98 as mount had been removed]
- Grenville L. Winthrop, New York, NY; his gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1942.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Grenville L. Winthrop, Class of 1886
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Montross Gallery, Exhibition of Pictures by Childe Hassam, exh. cat. (New York, NY, 1915), no. 83
Margaret E. Bullock, Childe Hassam: Impressionist in the West, exh. cat., Portland Art Museum (Portland, Oregon, 2004), p. 99, pl. 21
- Exhibition History
Exhibition of Pictures by Childe Hassam, Montross Gallery, New York, 11/27/1915 - 12/11/1915
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com