- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Red and orange chalk with white gouache on brown wove paper
- 27.6 x 20 cm (10 7/8 x 7 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: red chalk, l.l.: CH 1899
- Grenville L. Winthrop, New York, NY; his gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1941.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Grenville L. Winthrop, Class of 1886
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
A Catalogue of an Exhibition of the Works of Childe Hassam, exh. cat., American Academy of Arts and Letters (New York, NY, 1921), no. 80
Royal Cortissoz, Catalogue of Etchings, Lithographs, Lithotints, Drawings, Water-Colors and Pastels by Childe Hassam (New York, NY, 1927), no. 133
- Exhibition History
Exhibition of Paintings by Childe Hassam, Montross Gallery, New York, 02/01/1911 - 02/14/1911
A Collection of Paintings and Drawings by Mr. Childe Hassam, City Art Museum of St. Louis, St. Louis, 01/01/1912 - 12/31/1912
Etchings, Lithographs, Lithotints, Drawings, Water-Colors and Pastels by Childe Hassam, Arthur H. Harlow & Co., New York, 01/22/1927 - 02/11/1927
Exhibition of the Works of Childe Hassam, American Academy of Arts and Letters, New York, 04/21/1927 - 10/21/1927
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com