- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor over graphite on off-white illustration board
- 47.4 x 30.1 cm (18 11/16 x 11 7/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: graphite, l.l.: Charles S. Forbes / Venice-1904
- inscription: verso, graphite: 5158 Olsson / 18 x 26 - 8051 / 81 mat [ ]
- Paul R. Forbes, El Paso, TX; his gift to the Fogg Art Museum, 1931.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Paul R. Forbes
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Danforth Museum of Art, Explorations in Realism 1870-1880: Frank Duveneck and his Circle from Bavaria to Venice, exh. cat. (Framingham, Massachusetts, 1989), cat. no. 59
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., Virginia Anderson, and Kimberly Orcutt, ed., American Paintings at Harvard, Volume Two, Paintings, Drawings, Pastels and Stained Glass by Artists Born 1826-1856, Harvard Art Museums and Yale University Press (U.S.) (Cambridge, MA and New Haven, CT, 2008), p. 105, cat. 70, ill.
- Exhibition History
Explorations in Realism 1870-1880: Frank Duveneck and his Circle from Bavaria to Venice, Danforth Museum of Art, Framingham, 04/21/1989 - 07/02/1989
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com