- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor over graphite on off-white wove paper
- 19.1 x 32.8 cm (7 1/2 x 12 15/16 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: red gouache, l.r.: J. W. Hill
- Fine Arts Department, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; transferred to Fogg Art Museum, 1926.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Transfer from the Fine Arts Department, Harvard University
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., Virginia Anderson, Melissa Renn, and Susan C. Ricci, The Last Ruskinians: Charles Eliot Norton, Charles Herbert Moore, and Their Circle, exh. cat., Harvard University Art Museums (Cambridge, MA, 2007), pp. 58, 92, pl. 6
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr. and Melissa Renn, American Paintings at Harvard, Volume One: Paintings, Watercolors, and Pastels by Artists Born before 1826, Yale University Press (U.S.) and Harvard Art Museums (Cambridge and New Haven, 2014), pp. 260-61, cat. 209, ill.
- Exhibition History
The Last Ruskinians: Charles Eliot Norton, Charles Herbert Moore, and Their Circle, Harvard University Art Museums, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 04/07/2007 - 07/08/2007
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org