- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Charles Herbert Moore, American (New York, NY 1840 - 1930 Harley Witney, Hampshire, England)
After Sandro Botticelli (Alessandro Filipepi), Italian (Florence, Italy 1444/45 - 1510 Florence, Italy)
- Girdle of Roses from the Figure of "Spring" by Botticelli, in the Academy of Florence
- Work Type
- c. 1877-1878
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Watercolor and white gouache over graphite on off-white card
- 28.1 x 39.6 cm (11 1/16 x 15 9/16 in.)
- Fine Arts Department, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA; transferred to Fogg Art Museum, 1926.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Transfer from the Fine Arts Department, Harvard University
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Charles Herbert Moore, Catalogue, with Notes, of Studies and Fac-similes from Examples of the Works of Florence and Venice; and of Fac-similes and Original Works to be Used as Exercises in Drawing, Belonging to the Fine Arts Department of Harvard University, exh. cat. (Cambridge, MA, 1878), p. 28, cat. 50
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., Virginia Anderson, and Kimberly Orcutt, ed., American Paintings at Harvard, Volume Two, Paintings, Drawings, Pastels and Stained Glass by Artists Born 1826-1856, Harvard Art Museums and Yale University Press (U.S.) (Cambridge, MA and New Haven, CT, 2008), p. 250, cat. 240
Stefan Weppelmann and Ruben Rebmann, ed., The Botticelli Renaissance, exh. cat., Gemäldegalerie Berlin (Berlin, 2015), cat. no. 71, p. 216, repr.
Mark Evans and Stefan Weppelmann, Botticelli Reimagined, exh. cat., V & A Publishing (London, 2016), cat. no. 71, p. 216, repr.
- Exhibition History
Studies and Fac-similes from Examples of the Works of Florence and Venice..., Harvard Art Club, Cambridge, 12/01/1878 - 12/31/1878
The Botticelli Renaissance, Gemäldegalerie Berlin, Berlin, 09/25/2015 - 01/24/2016; Victoria and Albert Museum, London, 03/05/2016 - 07/03/2016
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com