- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 68.7 x 51 cm (27 1/16 x 20 1/16 in.)
framed: 100.7 x 83 x 6.4 cm (39 5/8 x 32 11/16 x 2 1/2 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: u.r.: Zorn 99
- Descent in family.
Bequeathed to Joseph Randolph Coolidge IV, Cushing, Maine.
His bequest to Harvard University, 1981.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Bequest of Joseph Randolph Coolidge, 1981
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Anne-Marie Eze, Anders Zorn: A European Artist Seduces America, exh. cat., ed. Oliver Tostmann, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum and Paul Holberton Publishing (Boston and London, 2013), pp. 150-157, no. 24b, repr. p. 154 (incorrectly labeled as 24c)
Review of "Anders Zorn", The Burlington Magazine (June 2013), CLV, pp. 436-437, p. 437 n. 3
- Exhibition History
Anders Zorn: A European Artist Seduces America, Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, Boston, 02/28/2013 - 05/13/2013
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org