- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
George Brecht, American (New York, NY 1926 - 2008 Cologne, Germany)
Designed by George Maciunas, American (Kaunas, Lithuania 1931 - 1978 Boston, MA)
Published by Fluxus, American
- Games & Puzzles: Swim Puzzle
- Work Type
- late 1960s
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Blue plastic box with offset-printed label and card, snail shell.
- box: 9.3 x 12 x 3.3 cm (3 11/16 x 4 3/4 x 1 5/16 in.)
- Barbara Moore, Bound/Unbound, New York, New York, partial gift partial purchase; to Harvard University Art Museums, June 28, 2005.
- State, Edition, Standard Reference Number
- Standard Reference Number
- S. 58, 58a, 59
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Barbara and Peter Moore Fluxus Collection, Margaret Fisher Fund and gift of Barbara Moore/Bound & Unbound
- © Estate of George Brecht / Artists Rights Society (ARS), New York / VG Bild-Kunst, Germany.
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- Modern and Contemporary Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Jon Hendricks, Fluxus Codex, Harry N. Abrams, Inc. (New York, 1988), p. 201
- Exhibition History
Multiple Strategies: Beuys, Maciunas, Fluxus, Harvard University Art Museums, Cambridge, 02/24/2007 - 06/10/2007
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of Modern and Contemporary Art at firstname.lastname@example.org