- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Red chalk on cream antique laid paper, with a framing line in brown ink, mounted overall on wove paper
- 27.3 x 23.9 cm (10 3/4 x 9 7/16 in.)
mount: 28 x 24.7 cm (11 x 9 3/4 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- inscription: lower left, brown ink, pen: Hemskirk
- inscription: mat, lower center, graphite: This characteristic drawing (an original by Martin Heemskirk) / was from the Ewins col [flourish] [underneath the second line is an erased inscription, which appears to read: was bought ... from Germany]
- collector's mark: mount, verso, lower left, purple ink stamp and brown ink: L. 2130 [with accompanying inscription] 614 (John Witt Randall Collection at Harvard College)
- inscription: mount, lower center, graphite: Darius [? illegible]
- inscription: mat, lower right, graphite: 10.00
- inscription: mat, lower right, graphite: 614. / 101[encircled, crossed out]
- watermark: none visible
- Ewins collection. Belinda Lull Randall, Boston, MA, inherited from brother John Witt Randall, 1892, gift to Fogg Art Museum, 1892.
Ewins, To John Witt Randall (?).
John Witt Randall, From Ewins collection, Bequest to his sister Belinda Lull Randall, 1892.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Belinda L. Randall from the collection of John Witt Randall
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Subjects and Contexts
Dutch, Flemish, & Netherlandish Drawings
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at email@example.com