- Identification and Creation
- Object Number
Francis Lathrop, British (at sea 1849 - 1909 Woodcliffe Lake, NJ)
Collis Potter Huntington (1821-1900)
- Collis Potter Huntington (1821-1900)
- Work Type
- Creation Place: North America, United States
- Persistent Link
- Physical Descriptions
- Oil on canvas
- 101.6 x 83.8 cm (40 x 33 in.)
framed: 111.1 x 102.9 x 6 cm (43 3/4 x 40 1/2 x 2 3/8 in.)
- Inscriptions and Marks
- Signed: inscribed top: Francis Lathrop Pinxit. MDCCCC
- inscription: u.r.: C P H
- label: attached brass plaque "COLLIS POTTER HUNTINGTON/ 1821-1960"
- Arabella Duval Huntington, wife of the sitter; her bequest to her son, Archer Huntington, 1924.
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard University Portrait Collection, Gift of Mr. Archer Huntington to the Huntington Memorial Hospital (Harvard University), 1925
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Publication History
Laura M. Huntsinger, Harvard Portraits: A Catalogue of Portrait Paintings at Harvard University, ed. Alan Burroughs, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1936), p. 79
Theodore E. Stebbins, Jr., Virginia Anderson, and Kimberly Orcutt, ed., American Paintings at Harvard, Volume Two, Paintings, Drawings, Pastels and Stained Glass by Artists Born 1826-1856, Harvard Art Museums and Yale University Press (U.S.) (Cambridge, MA and New Haven, CT, 2008), p. 213, cat. 164, ill.
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org