- Identification and Creation
- Physical Descriptions
- Black chalk and graphite over stylus lines on cream wove paper (the verso of an engraving by Cipriani)
- actual: 39 x 19.4 cm (15 3/8 x 7 5/8 in.)
- Acquisition and Rights
- Credit Line
- Harvard Art Museums/Fogg Museum, Gift of Grenville L. Winthrop, Class of 1886
- Accession Year
- Object Number
- European and American Art
- THIS WORK MAY NOT BE LENT BY THE TERMS OF ITS ACQUISITION TO THE HARVARD ART MUSEUMS.
- The Harvard Art Museums encourage the use of images found on this website for personal, noncommercial use, including educational and scholarly purposes. To request a higher resolution file of this image, please submit an online request.
- Drawn on the verso of an engraved frontispiece by Cipriani for "Plans de Maison de maisons romains tirés du plan antique de Rome conservé au Capitole."
- Publication History
Ingres: Centennial Exhibition, 1867-1967. Drawings, Watercolors and Oil Sketches from American Collections, exh. cat., Fogg Art Museum (Cambridge, MA, 1967), no. 54, p. 247, repr.
Agnes Mongan, David to Corot: French Drawings in the Fogg Art Museum, Harvard University Press (Cambridge, MA, 1996), cat. no. 226, repr.
- Exhibition History
A Century of Progress Art Exhibition, The Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, 06/01/1933 - 11/01/1933
Ingres Centennial Exhibition, 1867-1967, Fogg Art Museum, Cambridge, 02/12/1967 - 04/09/1967
This record has been reviewed by the curatorial staff but may be incomplete. Our records are frequently revised and enhanced. For more information please contact the Division of European and American Art at firstname.lastname@example.org